Did you purchase Asus Vivo Tab RT TF600? Are you looking to factory reset it. General settings of Windows 8 procedure will not work in this case. It will ask to insert Windows Installation DVD. But since it is a tablet, we need to insert Windows 8 bootable USB stick. But in case of Asus Vivo Tab, it is not accepting the USB drive also. This is the major difference between Windows 8 and Windows RT operating systems. For this problem, following solution might work. Give a trial and check if you can factory reset your Vivo Tab with the following procedure:
- Press the F8 button while the tablet gets booted in order to get it in to ‘Advanced Boot Options’ menu
- Using the arrow keys, go to the option of ‘Repair your Computer’
- Now press ‘Enter’
- Keyboard layout has to be chosen now
- Click on ‘Next’ option
- Enter the details of administrator like username and password
- Click ‘OK’
- Go to ‘System Recovery Options’
- Select the option ‘Reinstall Windows’
By selecting this option, you can restore Surface to factory image and the data related to customized users will be lost. After the completion of restoration process, the tablet will restart and the booting process will begin. Set up will get started while booting and this process will be similar to the one which will be having series of dialog boxes and prompts. If you get this guide of series of prompts, you are done with the process.
Be careful while restoring the factoring settings on Asus Vivo Tab RT600 Tablet. The data or information stored in the name of any customized user on the tablet. So, it is necessary that you take the backup of data on the tablet.